Sunday, March 9, 2014

Feathered Dinosaurs


These are a couple of illustrations for a role-playing game. The brief on these describes newly-discovered feathered dinosaurs. I love drawing dinosaurs. I kind of love drawing birds. Creating creatures that are an amalgam? Ooooh yeah...

Mind you, the ten year-old me would have pitched a fit because I was "doing it wrong," but I remember reading Julian May's Warm Blooded Dinosaurs sometime in the early eighties which disabused me of my King Kong-influenced prejudices. In any event, these are almost purely brush and ink. Sume-e ink on plate-finish Bristol board.



I'm trying out Patreon as a means of funding my blogs. They don't have a widget yet, so this link will just have to do. If you like my writing and if you'd like to support Krell Laboratories and Christianne's Art and Comics, please come on over and pledge. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment