Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Another Creature Post


More creatures. I'll be working on this commission for a while. There are 47 drawings in the project and I'm only half-way through right now. Once this is done, it's the end of the Exile and then a couple of other projects I can't talk about right now. Anyway, these are ink on Bristol board as usual. I've been fighting with my inking brush, which is probably on its last legs. I don't think it has much life left in it, unfortunately.

The image at the head of the post is a sabertooth, of course, in the game itself described as having stripes. I've gone for more of a bobcat look than a tiger look, but it's hard to avoid the comparison. Stripes and all.


This is intended as a drawing of a domesticated ant-eating small dinosaur. The girl is sourced from a Victorian dress for young girls I found on a history of costumes site. This was an excuse to draw a human being, which is in short supply in these drawings.


This is a cross between a giant sloth and a pangolin.


And this was described in the brief as a creature that's comprised of the merging of a small pile of scorpions.


Finally, we have a creature that's a kind of flying dinosaur that looks a lot like a crane, proto feathers and all.

Enjoy.







Patreon Logo
I'm trying out Patreon as a means of funding my blogs. They don't have a widget yet, so this link will just have to do. If you like my writing and art and if you'd like to support Krell Laboratories and Christianne's Art and Comics, please come on over and pledge. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment