Monday, December 26, 2016

More Life Drawing, Winter 2016



Here are some more drawings from my weekly figure drawing session. The above drawing is another in a long series of awkward poses. I'm an absolute champion at finding difficult foreshortening poses. This, more than a lot of my drawings, is an example of my technique with a pencil, which is basically creative scribbling.




I wasn't feeling at all confident when I made this drawing. I showed up, sat down, and realized I had no idea of what I was doing. Three hours later, I had this, mostly from pigheaded struggling onward. Sometimes just showing up is half the battle. This is red prismacolor. Again, a lot of creative scribbling.



As a point of contrast, here's a drawing of the same model I did in October (the skeleton was posed in honor of Halloween and I wish I had left it out of the picture, but whatever). I got a very good likeness in this drawing--much better than in the drawing above. Is it a better drawing? I don't know. Probably, but maybe not. I drew this on an expensive piece of Fabriano Artistico paper. I don't know if it's worth the extra, truth to tell, but it'll last a thousand years.





Here's a watercolor of a different model with similar hair. This turned out kinda nice. Also on Fabriano Artistico.








Christianne Benedict on Patreon
This blog is supported on Patreon by wonderful subscribers. If you like what I do, please consider pledging your own support. It means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment