Monday, May 12, 2014

Beware the Jub Jub Bird...


Some more creatures as this project grinds toward its end. I'll have a couple of more creature posts in the next day or three. The image at the head of this post is a winged carnosaur. Fanciful. In the game, it's called a Jabberwock, which I guess I can see. Fun to draw in any event.



An actual sentient creature race, this. My drawing is a combination of a seal, a shark, a crododile, and the gillman from The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Also fun to draw.



There are a few plants in the mix, and this one is a variety of touch-me-not with thorns that close on the blossoms. Otherwise inspired by gorse.


This is a straight up marine iguana with a frill of poisoned spines added. This drawing is heavily photo sourced, plus, I watched Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World for inspiration (actually, more coincidentally, but the marine iguanas of the Galapagos figure in that movie). Anyway, reptiles lend themselves nicely to brush and ink.






Patreon Logo
I'm trying out Patreon as a means of funding my blogs. They don't have a widget yet, so this link will just have to do. If you like my writing and art and if you'd like to support Krell Laboratories and Christianne's Art and Comics, please come on over and pledge. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment