Friday, May 16, 2014

Creepy Crawlies


Here's the last batch of creatures for my big commission. I'm finished. Finally. These last ones tended to be creatures I had no real grasp of. I don't know how closely these match what the game developers had in mind, but this is what they got from me, barring any unforeseen revisions. As usual, these are brush and ink on bristol. By the time I got to these, my inking style was beginning to become a bit more design-y than on the earlier drawings, but it works well enough.

The creature at the head of this post is based on a scorpion and a centipede, but it's a fantasy creature at its core. I had a hard time envisioning this one, even after I was provided with some older concept drawings.


This was an excuse to draw a human being after drawing so many creatures. Another creature based on a centipede, though one that spits acid.


This is an amalgam of a number of different creatures, mainly crabs, spiders, and scorpions.


Finally, a plant. This turned out better than I expected. All those years spent drawing botanical illustrations pays off.







Patreon Logo
I'm trying out Patreon as a means of funding my blogs. They don't have a widget yet, so this link will just have to do. If you like my writing and art and if you'd like to support Krell Laboratories and Christianne's Art and Comics, please come on over and pledge. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment