Sunday, August 30, 2015

Late August Art Dump

I've been making a lot of art this month, but a lot of it is stuff I can't show. That hasn't stopped me from going to my regular figure drawing sessions, though, and here are a bunch drawings from those sessions I attended this month. The drawing at the head of this post is pencil and almost dry Copic markers on sketchbook paper. Dry copics have their uses, but I think I need to refill mine.


I had better luck with this model with the brush pen drawing I did of her. Working in ink without the crutch of an under-drawing is nerve-wracking:


 Here are a couple of more traditional pencil drawings. I'm pretty happy with both of these even though I failed to capture the facial likeness of the second model. The first one, a nice older lady, was a delight to draw even though I wound up leaving the session after twenty minutes because of paint fumes in the studio space. I got a good likeness from her, which makes me happy.




Finally, here's a small piece I did for a client in between work on my two major projects. This is a matching drawing to the Demonic Dungeon Master's Guide I did a few months go, the idea that a Demonic Monster Manual is disgorging one of the dippier monsters at the reader. I thought about using the Neo-Otyugh, but the client suggested the Gelatinous Cube, which, to be honest, was a LOT easier to draw. This is brush and ink on Bristol board. Drawn out of my head entirely without references (which often spells trouble for me). Fun to draw, though.









Patreon Logo
I'm trying out Patreon as a means of funding my blogs. They don't have a widget yet, so this link will just have to do. If you like my writing and art and if you'd like to support Krell Laboratories and Christianne's Art and Comics, please come on over and pledge. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment