Thursday, April 24, 2014

Creatures de Jour


So my inking brush crapped out and I had to buy a new one. The piece at the head of this post is drawn with the new brush, and it's been a life saver. I hadn't realized how miserable I was fighting with the old one to get a good line. The art store was out of the brush I wanted, so I settled for a Loew and Cornell brush. I'm having the damnedest time finding Winsor and Newton brushes right now. Grrrr....

Anyway, I'm finding a groove with these drawings. Brush and ink on Bristol board, as usual. The drawing in the pole position is described as a giant spiky insect. It has other effects in the game, but those don't really influence the depiction.

This is a variant of a bombadier beetle, whose poison actually ignites on contact with the air. A dangerous beastie.


This is a horse that's bred to be more like a pachyderm, with feet that are more like those of a rhino than a horse.


And another flying dino, one that is described as "storklike."



Enjoy.




Patreon Logo
I'm trying out Patreon as a means of funding my blogs. They don't have a widget yet, so this link will just have to do. If you like my writing and art and if you'd like to support Krell Laboratories and Christianne's Art and Comics, please come on over and pledge. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment